It’s 2010. 2009 is over. Finally! Like an unwelcome house guest that has stayed way too long, I thought it would never leave…
New year, new goals. I’ve fallen into quite the food rut in the last year. As a result, we have about five menus that get rotated through our regular meals. Boring! So I’ve devised a personal challenge to shake things up a bit.
This year I am going to try new things. I am instituting the Great Gluten-Free Recipe Challenge of 2010, or GGFRC2010 for short. The Li loves David household will try a new recipe each week, posting the recipe and the results on this blog. And eventually we’ll own a camera again, and there will be photos.
Here are my rules. (I made them up, and I reserve the right to break them.)
1. I must try a minimum of one new recipe a week. By January 1, 2011, there will be at least 52 recipes tagged GGFRC2010.
2. The recipes must be something other than what’s on the regular menu at Casa de Li loves David. That means nachos and broiled salmon don’t count.
3. The recipes can be something that I used to cook, pre-food intolerance days, but that I haven’t made in the last 3 years or so.
4. The recipes cannot all be desserts, though some are allowed. (This one is going to be tough. I have a killer sweet tooth.)
5. I have to try at least a couple of bread recipes. (And not sweet breads!)
6. If I can’t try a new recipe during a particular week, due to illness, vacation, or the sheer hectic nature of life, I am allowed to make up for it during another week. The point is to add 52 new dishes to my cooking repertoire over the course of the year.
I think this will be fun. Really! One thing that will make this a lot easier is that my other food intolerances finally seem to be easing up a bit. I’ve eaten potatoes recently. And tomatoes. And chicken. And I lived to tell the tale! Okay, so I’ve noticed definite problems with eating some of these things two days in a row. I will still have to rotate some foods in. But hey, it’s a start.
Happy New Year!
Follow @gf_awesome on twitter.