Can it Be?

This is huge. HUGE!

General Mills is reformulating their Rice Chex cereal to be gluten-free!

Look for the red gluten-free checkmark on the front of the box. Remember, it might not be in stores for a while, so unless it says Gluten-Free on the front, don’t buy it.

According to an email I received from the Celiac Disease Foundation, General Mills Rice Chex is partnering with CDF to bring a greater awareness of Celiac Disease to the mainstream marketplace.

Hey, it’s a start…

About Li

A writer, runner, and Gluten-Free Zealot, I’ve been helping others navigate the gluten-free lifestyle for many years. Life is meant to be enjoyed, and when you’re gluten-free, it’s even better!

This entry was posted in gluten-free, ingredients, whatever. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Can it Be?

1. Faye says:

Hi Li. So, I hear we’re going to be Co-Chairs with Lisa for the next GF Fair!! Yeah! I’m a little skeptical about the Rice Chex…is the facility dedicated? See you soon….

2. Faye says:

3. Tenille says:

Woo hoo!

4. Tenille says:

Woo hoo!

5. Li loves David says:

Faye – yeah, next year’s GF Fair is going to rock! Should be fun to work on! Talk to you soon…

Tenille – you said it! I haven’t seen them yet in my area. Do you have them where you are?

~Li

6. Li loves David says:

~Li

7. Puckettjl says:

The last ingredient listed on the new box is vitamin E which is almost always made from SOY. I have a reaction to soy derived E just like I have a reaction to soy lecitian in chocolate :(. I called the company and the rep said that if it was soy derived it should be listed, I asked her to check and get back to me because I have NEVER seen the origin of E listed except on allery specialty lotions etc like California Baby that list it as being coconut derived. Just a heads up, you might want to call to show the company that people are just as concerened about soy intolerance as they are gluten.

8. Puckettjl says:

9. Li loves David says:

Puckettjl – thanks for the heads up! I react to any form of natural Vit E (d-alpha tocopherol acetate), soy-based or otherwise, so it sounds like I’ll have to avoid the Chex. But it would be a nice option for my hubby, who loves cereal but has agreed to not poison me in our home… 🙂

10. Li loves David says: