A Blog I Enjoy

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy the blog Gluten Free Frugal?

Tenille, along with SuperDad and kids, are living gluten free on one income, while paying down debt and saving for the future. Pretty much a typical American family, except for one thing: they are not willing to take on extra debt to have the traditional American lifestyle. You know, the new car every 1.78 years, iPods, Wiis, eating out 4 times a week, trendy clothing, a McMansion. You’ve all seen it. Maybe you live it. But she doesn’t.

Neither do we. David and I share many of her values. We have a small house, drive old cars, and don’t own an i-Anything. No one would every make the mistake of calling my wardrobe trendy. I grocery shop at Wal-Mart, then Publix, then only go to Whole Paycheck for an occasional gluten free treat I can’t get elsewhere. And now that I’m making half as much money, I have cut out most of my Whole Paycheck shopping. If I can’t pay for it, I don’t buy it. I re-read The Tightwad Gazette for fun and inspiration. I would definitely describe myself as frugal. My friends (the i-Owners) might describe me more as cheap, but I still love them, misguided though they are.

Tenille is somewhat of a kindred spirit to me. We might have different circumstances, but our goals are similar – financial freedom while maintaining a healthy and sane lifestyle.

Take the time to check out Gluten Free Frugal. You don’t have to be gluten free to be sane about your finances!

About Li

A writer, runner, and Gluten-Free Zealot, I’ve been helping others navigate the gluten-free lifestyle for many years. Life is meant to be enjoyed, and when you’re gluten-free, it’s even better!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A Blog I Enjoy

1. Tenille says:

Thank you so much for the very kind words! 🙂

2. Tenille says:

Thank you so much for the very kind words! 🙂

3. Faye says:

I’ve been catching up on reading blogs Li. I’ve been sooo busy. I hear you and applaud your efforts. We just revamped our budget and ouch….this economy is affecting all of us. With that said, thank you for the inspiration. Take care.
    Faye

4. Faye says:

Faye

5. Li loves David says:

Hi Faye! Good to hear from you! How’s it going?

6. Li loves David says:

Hi Faye! Good to hear from you! How’s it going?

7. Ellen says:

Hi Li. I’m so sorry we didn’t get a chance to connect when we were in south Florida. We are definitely on the same wave length as you. We’ve been reading frugal books for years. It is challenging, that is for sure, to avoid wanting whatever is being touted as the latest, greatest…but with awareness and commitment, it is possible. Thanks for the reminder!

8. Ellen says:

9. Li loves David says:

Ellen,

I’m sorry too that we couldn’t connect when you were here. Next time you come to FL, if you have the time, I would love to get together with you! Just let me know…

10. Li loves David says: